2006 Oshawa N.A.S.C. Softball. All Rights Reserved.
OSHAWA N.A.S.C. SOFTBALL
RULES & FORMS
Registrations coming up
Please register early.
ROLE OF THE UMPIRE
An umpire has the difficult task of seeing that the game of softball is played fairly.
You are the third team on the field. You must deal with players, coaches and spectators
and remain calm while doing so. Sometimes this is not an easy task. As a young person
you are in the position of authority dealing with adults. As an umpire you have the responsibility
to do the best job you can do every game.
1. Read and know the rules.
Be on time.
3. Looking and acting professional at all time.
4. Dress appropriately, set the example for the players and coaches.
5. Hustling into position.
6. Move the game along quickly making calls loud and precise.
7. Keep warm ups short (complete seven innings).
8. Helping the players, coaches and spectators to understand the rules and calls
(you do this by actions and words).
9. Working as a team: supporting your partner on and off the field, whether you agree or not.
10. Leaving your problems at home (outside the ballpark).
11. Offer assistance only when asked.
12. NEVER OVERRULE YOUR PARTNER!
13. Report all incidents to the Umpire-in-Chief.
This Program will be offered to Boys & Girls ages 13 and older
If you are interested in becoming an umpire email Gord
For scheduling email Sue
Celebrating 65 years